Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too? When you are craving something sweet these super easy and delicious protein packed recipes will make you feel like you are having a cheat day, even when you’re not!
Protein brownie bites (keto, vegan and paleo)
These delicious morsels are paleo, vegan and sugar free. They are also keto friendly and super low in carbs. They are ridiculously fudgy and have a great texture. It’s hard to believe they are actually healthy…but they are!
After making them, keep them in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week (if you can get resist them for that long!). You can also store them in the freezer to have on hand when you need a snack.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (or sweet potato or banana)
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice (almond butter, peanut butter or cashew butter all work well)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1-2 scoops protein powder*
- 1 serve (a few drops) liquid stevia
* We recommend: Optimum Nutrition - Gold Standard 100% Whey
, Optimum Nutrition - GOLD STANDARD GAINER
, and Dymatize - ISO 100
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a mini muffin tin with mini muffin liners.
- Combine ingredients in electric mixer or blender and blend/mix until smooth.
- Spoon the brownie mixture into each muffin tin, filling until just full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool in the tin and then refrigerate once cooled.
Serving: 1 brownie | Kilojoules: 397 | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 4g | Fiber: 3g
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 a mashed banana
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar alternative/sweetener
- 1 (250g) packet cream cheese
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup protein powder*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
* We recommend: Max's - 100% Pure Whey Protein
, BSN - SYNTHA 6 EDGE
, and White Wolf Nutrition - All Natural All-In-One Protein
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a 20cm springform pan with cooking spray.
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl until combined well. Add in bananas and stir until mixture is crumbly like wet sand.
- Press into springform pan and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown around the edges. Take it out and turn the oven down to 160C.
- Beat the cream cheese with the Greek yogurt until creamy.
- Add the stevia powder and mix on medium until well incorporated.
- Add eggs one at a time and then add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Pour the batter into your pre-baked crust, spread it out with a spatula.
- Put it in the oven at 160C for 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 95C for 50-60 minutes.
- Take it out the oven – it should jiggle a little, but not be wet.
- Once it has cooled, pop it in the fridge for at least a few hours before serving. Top with your favourite fruit slices.
Serving: 1 slice | Kilojoules: 858kJ | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Carbohydrates: 9g | Fibre: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 15g
Lemon and blueberry protein cake
Make the most of lemons and blueberries that are in season right now with this healthy and high in protein lemon and blueberry cake.
- 5 cups oat flour
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup vanilla-flavoured protein powder (or approximately two 30-gram scoops)*
- 1/3 cup stevia for baking
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp of flax meal mixed with 3 tbsp of hot water)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
*We recommend: Max's - Shred System
, VPX - Zero Carb Pristine Protein
, and Dymatize - Elite 100% Whey
- 1/4 cup palm sugar
- 3 tbsp sliced almonds
- 2 tsp oats
- 1 medium sized banana
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 180C and grease a cake tin.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl and add the blueberries.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold together until just combined and then put it in the tin.
- Mix the topping ingredients together and sprinkle over the cake.
- Bake for around 25-30 minutes and leave to cool.
Serving: 1 slice | Kilojoules: 778kJ | Fat: 3g | Carbohydrates: 26g | Fibre: 5g | Sugars: 7g | Sodium: 472mg | Protein: 10g