We are now officially in Spring! Small changes you make to your lifestyle now can have a big impact on your health, your weight and your muscle growth – which is what we all want with summer just around the corner.
Get more sleep! The benefits of regular restful sleep cannot be overstated. Getting between seven to nine hours can keep your brain sharp, your mood buoyant, and your energy levels up. Deep sleep is essential for your body to repair and regrow cells and can also reduce your insulin levels, lower stress and even improve your skin. Products like EHP Labs OxySleep, Force Element Performance NIGHT OPS, Body Science HydroxyBurn Sleep Rx, and ATP Science Adrenal RX can also help you get a good night’s sleep and greater benefit from your rest.
- If you sit a desk all day – try a standing desk if you can. Sitting for eight hours (or more) puts pressure on the base of your spine and can lead to back pain. Make sure you get up from your desk every 45 minutes, stretch and move your body! If you really can’t get up from your desk you can still strengthen your abs and relieve tired leg muscles by doing the following exercise: Start with feet flat on floor, sit tall in your chair, and hold ab muscles tight. From there, extend one leg until it is level with your hip. Hold for 10 seconds lower leg slowly and repeat 15 times before changing legs. You can even do them on a Zoom meeting, and no one will even know!
- Never go food shopping when you’re hungry. Why? Because everything looks delicious, so you are more likely to be tempted with high calorie foods you might not normally look at. You can also try adding in appetite suppressants into your diet to help stave off hunger between meals, such as Sparta Nutrition - HydraShred, GAT – Jet Fuel, and EHP Labs - OxyShred Non-Stim.
- Move healthy snacks to the middle shelf. Put healthier options on the middle shelf of your fridge, or at eye level, so you're more likely to notice them and eat them. Or better yet don’t buy unhealthy snacks – it’s easier to make good choices when that is all you have!
- Sneak in some extra exercise – take the stairs for a great glute workout especially if you take them two at a time and always park further away than you need to or get off the train one stop early.
- Stay hydrated – drinking water can make your skin glow, your hair shine, and make you feel amazing by boosting energy levels and sating hunger pangs.
- Eat before you eat. If you’re going to a party, or out for dinner and don’t want to give in to temptation, eat one to two cups of raw veggies beforehand.
Get into meal prepping. When you cook yourself, you know exactly what you’re eating and how it stacks up against your nutrition goals. When you prepare meals and snacks in advance, it cuts down on the overall amount of time you have to spend in the kitchen and reduces the temptation of takeaway when you are short on time or energy at the end of the day.
- Ease up on the alcohol – alcoholic drinks not only contain a lot of calories, but they also impair your liver’s ability to process fat. Having a beer or wine every night can really affect your fitness or weight loss progress.
- Change your coffee style. Tea and coffee are relatively calorie-free on their own but can quickly turn into a calorie-laden beverage once you start upsizing and having full fat milks. Learn to drink your coffee or tea black or with a little bit of milk or sugar free plant-based milk.
- Need an energy boost? Supps R Us have heaps of options for increasing your energy levels to help you get out there like GHOST - LEGEND, G FUEL - ENERGY FORMULA, and Optimum Nutrition - Gold Standard Pre-Workout. Another great choice is Optimum Nutrition’s amino energy as it blends caffeine, green tea extract, and green coffee extract to really get you going. And at a tiny 10 calories per serve, it’s definitely not going to bust your diet either – score!